Join our senior leadership team in an instrumental role in the management of the Production team and the business.
As our Engineering Manager you will:
- Report to the Operations Board. As a member of the company's senior leadership team, this is an instrumental role in the management and leadership of the business.
- Manage our Drupal production team across support and projects, building the team as necessary alongside our Agency vision. The team is a mixture of front-end, and back-end developers, who work alongside UX, IA and design staff.
- Provide regular, hands-on technical mentoring for team members to help them grow, including performance reviews, feedback and technical ability such as optimised code.
- Liaise with other business units, specifically the client focused teams to meet their needs for reliable and efficient development to meet client solutions at a rapid pace. You will be confident in front of clients and build trustful relationships.
- Ensure the team works to best-practices that balance the needs of the agency as a whole, and that are embedded and improved over time.
- Ensure high quality outputs that meet industry standards, be responsible for seamless production deployment of code.
- Be the experienced technical voice at the table when designing solutions for clients, including accurate estimation of sizing and detailed scoping. Take responsibility for sizing and scoping client solutions for production in a way that the agency can be confident on timelines for deliveries, pricing and estimations for client solutions.
- Own responsibility for the success, quality and deadlines of Development work.
- Be confident to review, implement and monitor processes to ensure the above responsibilities are met.
- Play a role in the Operations team’s management of the agency.
Working in a focused Drupal based technology organisation you are responsible for the ‘how’ software is built, tested and put into production whilst taking your lead from the product and architectural teams for the ‘why', ‘what' and ‘when’. This will include managing the day-to-day operations around building and supporting solutions to enhance our clients web presence as well as overseeing recruitment and team performance.
You will be hands-on in style and work closely with your development production team to ensure your team is meeting its commitments and priorities on deadlines and budgets. This role involves guiding and advising your team on solutions, builds and approaches where necessary and you identify better ways of doing things. In this you will be expected to have in-depth knowledge of Drupal with proven experience and track record.
Quality in all we do is key to our strategy and on-going success. You will take responsibility for quality in all aspects of your team and responsibilities. The board will provide support and freedom to allow you to build a successful unit working with all aspects of the agency and our clients.
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- Proven leadership skills of a development team including mentoring, and improving performance, in a distributed environment
- Some experience of managing cross-functional teams with the ability to scale
- Exposure to functional programming and/or event driven programming.
- Deep Drupal knowledge and practical experience.
- Understanding of production and cloud architecture like AWS
- Hands-on technical experience of delivering project successes
- Quality control, and Quality assurance processes in a production environment
- Accurate estimation, and delivery, of Drupal projects and support work, including large and complex systems
- Some experience of contributing to senior management decisions
- Experience of owning a technical team’s performance in a fast paced environment
NDP is a vibrant environment with a dedicated team of professionals working with rewarding clients across a range of sectors on forward thinking projects.
Our services range across digital strategy, Drupal led solutions and environments, technology, development, support and digital operations. We combine our capabilities and form experienced client focused teams to develop and deliver on our commitments. We innovate and bring innovation to our clients helping improve performance and create lasting value.
At NDP you will be a key member of our multifunctional client team who are all focused on delivering great and rewarding work. We do not work on a hierarchy, all in the business have an equal voice, your voice will be part of this as a member of the NDP team. Our aim is to exceed expectations in all ways for both our own team and our clients, you will be part of this.
What’s in it for you:
In addition to a competitive salary, you will also have a benefits package which includes 24 days’ Annual Leave per year, and a fully paid gym membership.
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time on site with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.